What is SEO?
SEO involves generating traffic from free, organic search results that appear on search engines. It’s a long-term strategy with many factors being considered to achieve success such as key word research, site architecture, on-site content, completion analysis and internal or external links; naming just a few.
Ranking well on search engines requires 3 things:
Your website ought to be coded in a way that makes it easy for the search engines’ software to crawl, find, and categorize your website. You should create web pages made of relevant, unique and remarkable content. You must promote your site to other relevant, authoritative websites and get them to reference, link to and cite you as an authority.
Practically, SEO involves:
- Bing, Google and Yahoo Places account creation.
- Local business page optimization on major business listings.
- Analyzing then optimizing 2-10 keywords.
- Creating quality back links from relevant sources.
- Unlimited updates on Google, Bing and Yahoo Places.
- Manual submissions to chosen relevant niche directory.
- Special offers promotions through the Google’s network.
Importance of SEO for your business:
- It will raise search rankings. This might obvious but very few people clearly comprehend how important these rankings really are. Most clients are usually lazy when making their online searches. They always wish for the best answers to their queries and they require it on the first page. Well, make the best decision now and get better search Rankings.
- It will make sure that the right people find your website pages. This is the main purpose of SEO, putting your pages to the attention of people that will most likely take action because they are looking for enterprises similar to yours within their vicinity.
- It will make your website easy to find. Regardless of how good that business idea is, you can’t expect clients to magically know about it. You have help them find you. This is exactly what seo strategies will help you do.
- It will make your website more valuable. While website content is just a single part of SEO, it`s one of its most significant entities. Google are now even more focused on placing the most valuable content to the eyes of searchers more than they have ever been, which means that you have to put content that readers will find valuable.
- It will bring in more customers. Very few consumers have the willingness or time to crack the yellow pages when they wish to find something even in their immediate locations. This only means that you must be highly ranked in those search results if you are to be found.
- It will raise your conversion rates. Local search results make up the most targeted type of search results. For instance, if you search “shoe stores found in Maryland”, what will be brought to you first are the shoe stores found in Maryland. What this means is that people who click on your links are more likely to be interested in whatever you have to provide to them.
- It will guarantee better returns on investment. SEO is a relatively cheap marketing tactic that is sure to bring in great returns immediately after it has taken its hold. It aids companies grow and improves their visibility.
- Compliments other marketing tactics. In case you’re running other television advertisements or social media campaigns, seo makes it easy for the consumers looking for your businesses, spurred by such advertisements to find your webpages and other important information they might need about you.